|Bamboo Wood Floor
If you are one of many consumers that want to incorporate “green” products into your home, then consider bamboo for your flooring. Not only is bamboo a renewable material, but they are also extremely versatile. Because bamboo stems are so hollow they need to be sliced and then glued together to make the flooring. This however, makes the floor more appealing to the eye. Bamboo products can be used indoors or outdoors. When used outdoors, remember to do regular maintenance. To prolong the life, of the bamboo it is strongly recommended that the products are washed with detergent and anti mildew additive once every six months. Coating the floor with linseed oil and 50% thinner is also strongly recommended.
Take care of your bamboo products and they will stick with you for a lifetime. This type of hardwood has unique looking grains to the surface with a brown/tan look to it. Bamboo handles everyday staining better then most hardwoods.
How is your hardwood floor supposed to look?
Appearance: Natural Bamboo woods have a brown or tanned look. However, they come in a variety of shades.
Grain: It has a linear grain and is typically smooth in texture.
Properties: Bamboo is a very hard material, environmentally friendly and cleans as easily as all other wood flooring.
General Guidelines to Keep Your Hardwood Flooring in Great Shape
These simple steps can prolong the life and beauty of your hardwood floor regardless of the specific type of wood you may have.
- Close curtains and blinds- UV rays from sunlight can fade colors and cause discoloration.
- Use protectors under furniture bases that can scratch or mar the surface.
- Clean, wipe or blot spills immediately to help prevent stains.
- Place doormats at every door- this helps to trap dirt at the doorway instead of transferring it to the floor. (The Floor mats featured at ForLifeProducts.com are perfect for this!)
- Take care when moving heavy objects like furniture and equipment- utilize furniture coasters to transport heavy objects across floors.
- Dust and vacuum floors regularly to maximize beauty and decrease buildup.
- Exercise caution when using bleaches, mildew removers, oven cleaners, drain openers and plant food as these contain strong chemicals that can damage or discolor floors.
- Always follow your manufacturer’s guidelines on products and use only those that are safe for your hardwood floor type.
- Rearrange area rugs occasionally as they block sunlight causing a discolored area to develop under the rug.
- Avoid exposure to water.
- Maintain normal humidity of 40-60% throughout all seasons of the year to reduce the natural expansion and contraction process typically found in hardwoods. Humidity levels can be maintained with air conditioners, humidifiers, de-humidifiers or with a heating system.
- Keep pets nails trimmed and filed and take care with stiletto style heels to minimize scratches.
- Never clean hardwood floors with steel wools or scouring powders as these can cause damage.
Browse through our list of Bamboo Manufacturers:
American Bamboo Society (ABS)
Sign up now and receive invaluable information on the care and preservation of bamboo wooden floors.
Produces a wide variety of bamboo products including floors, decorative pieces, bathroom fixtures, etc.
Bamboo Flooring Hawaii
Constructs only eco-friendly products including sea grass flooring.
Get low prices for spring on hardwood floors.
Bamboo Flooring International Corporation
Produces a variety of bamboo planking.
China LinAn Bamboo Product Company
Supplies diverse bamboo and wood products for Wholesales, Distributor and Retailers
Sells environmentally friendly flooring in a wide array of colors and styles.
E.Z. Oriental Inc.
Product lines include flooring, paneling, and accessories.
Fujian Handsome Bamboo Flooring Company
Foreign export of fine bamboo floors.
Hangzhou Qingfeng Bamboo Products Co., Ltd.
foreign joint-venture with the Chinese manufacturing the Qingfeng line of bamboo flooring.
K & M Bamboo Products Inc.
Offers a large in-stock product line of bamboo flooring.
Supplies bamboo floors from the balmtex brand.
MOSO® Group, The
Carries hardwood floors for commercial and residential properties.
Main focus is on green building or cutting-edge designs.
Smith & Fong Company
Affiliated with the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) rating system.
Sells wooden floors directly to reduce cost.
Tiancheng Flooring Co., Ltd.
Provides resources on care of bamboo wood floors.
Get versatile bamboo flooring, panels and veneers.
Provides bamboo flooring that is wider and thicker than usual with a wide choice of colours, styles and finishes to choose from.
Bambood™ Warner Bamboo Floors Inc.
Select styles and prices for every taste.
Zen Bamboo Flooring
Has innovative and trend-setting bamboo products to choose from.
Zhejiang Bamboo Flooring
pioneer in the green building industry and has exclusive patents.